Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Perfect Pair of Jeans

Sometimes it seems as if I spend most of my free time shopping for the perfect pair of blue jeans. I wish shopping for jeans were as easy for me as it is for my husband. He walks into a store, picks up a 36 x 32 of any brand and walks out. He takes the jeans home and can wear them that very day if he chooses to.

I, on the other hand, have been known to try on as many as 20 pair of jeans in a single shopping trip and walk away without a single purchase. Being the hopeless optimist that I am, I truly believe my miracle jeans are out there. You know the ones. . .the ones that make your short stubby legs look long and your hips and thighs look like those of a well toned athlete. When you wear these miracle jeans they never feel stiff or tight. They are like an extention of you. You and the jeans are one. When you go out in public, you confidently stroll through life with the knowledge that your perfect jeans hide your imperfections and the knowledge that other women stare at you and say to themselves, "I wish I could find some jeans like that, I wonder where she got them?"

I can't seem to enter any department store without stopping to look at their denim offerings. I look at the leg opening, the color, the rise, and the cut. Often times I'll take a few into the dressing room and say to myself, "you never know, I might get lucky today".

I once read in the Bible that if we ask, we shall receive and that if we seek we shall find. I have taken these words to heart and I hope the Lord doesn't mind if I ask him for a good pair of trouser style, mid-rise, straight leg, boot cut pair of jeans preferably in a dark color. And if it's not too much to ask, I'd like them to have plenty of room in the thighs and a smaller waist that doesn't leave a gap the size of the grand canyon around my middle. And one last thing, please let them be an affordable price so I can buy one in every color!

No comments: